#093 The Homeschoolers Guide to Standardized Testing: AP, PSAT, ACT, SAT, and CLT with Leia LeMaster Horton
In this episode, Lisa and Leia discuss:
- Ways your homeschooler can communicate their test scores with potential colleges and universities.
- Why dual enrollment courses may be the right option for your student.
- The importance of taking the PSAT, SAT, and/or ACT, and when your student should start preparing for those exams.
- What your student should know about the CLT test.
- Your student does not need to take the AP course to take the AP exam – as long as they know the material and get a 4 or 5 on the exam, your student can showcase that on their transcript.
- Your student should avoid having over 30 credit hours going into college as they will no longer be seen as a freshman. Most of the highest financial aid and many scholarships are only available to first-year freshman students.
- Even if the school your student is considering is test-optional, taking standardized tests often opens doors for scholarships for which they may not otherwise be eligible.
- No matter the type of college your student is attending, you will want to consider testing.
“Keep in mind the question really isn’t when to start test prep. The question is when should your student reach their highest score ever on both of those exams PSAT and SAT/ACT – and that is October of their junior year.” – Leia LeMaster Horton
About Leia LeMaster Horton:
Leia LeMaster Horton, M.Ed. founded Horton Test Prep and helps students earn full tuition scholarships by raising their test scores. Students become prepared and confident test takers ready to conquer the ACT, CLT, and SAT exams. Leia classically homeschooled for 18 years, and her three children earned full tuition and merit-based scholarships valued at over $316,000. Since then, she’s helped countless others do the same. Leia’s passion is to help students understand that they can LEARN ANYTHING.
- Classic Learning Test https://www.cltexam.com/
- Episode #018 How to Get Freshman Year Free https://www.flourishcoachingco.com/podcast/18-how-to-get-freshman-year-free/
Get Lisa’s Free on-demand video: How-to guide for your teen to choose the right major, college, & career…(without painting themselves into a corner, missing crucial deadlines, or risking choices you both regret).
Connect with Leia:
To schedule a free “Test Prep Journey That Earns Scholarships” consultation call, use this link: https://calendly.com/hortontestprep/30min?month=2023-02
Connect with Lisa: